Skip to Primary Content

University Pet Resort

Dog giving his paw for a handshake


General Health

All pets must be in good general health to visit University Pet Resort. University Pet Resort will not accept pets exhibiting signs of serious illness, pets with contagious viruses or parasites, or any pet we feel may need veterinary care or supervision. University Pet Resort is not staffed for skilled veterinary care, and we may not be able to handle geriatric pets or other pets needing significant or special care. Pets over 15 years of age must have documented prior approval from a vet.

What do you mean by “Indoor/Outdoor” Runs?

Each pet, or family of pets, has its own private indoor and outdoor space. Your pet has access to the entire run throughout the day. However, at night and during inclement weather, your pet is secured inside where it is temperature controlled.

Can I bring my pet’s food?

Yes, it is recommended you bring the food your dog is accustomed to if it is different from the brand we provide which is Purina Pro Plan EN. This will alleviate potential stomach discomfort from a change in your pet’s diet. Food should be pre¬-bagged per feeding and clearly marked with your pet’s information.

Can I bring the vaccination records when I drop off my pet(s)?

We require the vaccination records to arrive 24 hours prior to your pet’s check¬-in date. This ensures that everything is current and allows time to handle any vaccinations that may be missing. You are also welcome to have your veterinarian email/fax these records over directly to us at [email protected] or (209) 383-5959.

Required Vaccinations

At University Pet Resort, your pet's health and safety are our #1 concern. Prior to a pet's arrival, University Pet Resort must have a formal vaccination record from a licensed veterinarian indicating that your pet is up-to-date on the following vaccinations:


  • Rabies

  • Distemper/Parvo

  • Canine Influenza*

  • Bordetella


  • Rabies

  • FVRCP*

  • FELV*

*The series must be completed prior to boarding

Any guests over 15 years old must have a letter from their veterinarian stating that your pet is in good health and able to board with us.

If your pet is unable to be vaccinated, we are unable to board them.

Home or breeder shots will not be accepted.

Vaccination records may be emailed to [email protected]

Can I bring my pet’s toys or bedding?

University Pet Resort provides everything needed for a stay at the Resort. Bedding, toys, and bowls are laundered and sanitized daily. If your own personal items are introduced, it becomes difficult to maintain our high level of sanitation.

My pet is currently taking medication. Does University Pet Resort handle medications?

We are able to administer oral and topical medication(s) (no injectable) if they are not controlled substances* (Schedule 1 – 5 drugs). We will have you fill out a medication sheet advising us on dosages and schedules for administration.

*If your pet requires a controlled substance medication(s) during their stay, you may check in the medication(s) with our veterinary hospital next door and we can bring your pet over for their medication(s).

What happens in the event my pet gets sick during boarding?

If your pet becomes ill while staying at University Pet Resort, our first point of contact is the owner. If we cannot reach the owner, we then attempt to call the emergency contact number(s) provided. If your pet needs emergency care and we can’t communicate with either the owner or the emergency contact, we will seek veterinarian attention to ensure the appropriate care is administered.